Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!!


Since it is Chinese New Year, I thought I would talk about some Asian inspired fashion!
Gucci’s stylish Asian inspired new bamboo bag is a 21st century reinterpretation of one of Gucci’s most iconic handbags. The original Gucci bamboo bag was a small constructed handbag delicately crafted in pig skin with curved bamboo handle. Throughout the 1950s and 60s, the bag was worn by many celebrities making it one of Gucci’s most famous and loved handbag designs.

The new bamboo bag comes slightly bigger and for the first time, nickel is introduced to the hardware of the bag, giving it a cooler touch.  The original had a leather strap to complement the bamboo handle, but the new bamboo bag has a draped metal chain with braided base instead to add a sexier and modern touch.



New Bamboo (Photo coutesy of Gucci/Getty Images)

Liz Taylor and Paul Newman  on the set of the film "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" in 1958
(photo courtesy of Rue Des Archives)

Asian influence has also been made to Louis Vuitton as Marc Jacobs presented his Spring/Summer 2011 collection in Paris.


Louis Vuitton  Spring/Summer Collection 2011
Louis Vuitton  Spring/Summer Collection 2011


Louis Vuitton  Spring/Summer Collection 2011


Louis Vuitton  Spring/Summer Collection 2011


Louis Vuitton  Spring/Summer Collection 2011


Louis Vuitton  Spring/Summer Advertisement Campaign 2011

Louis Vuitton  Spring/Summer Advertisement Campaign 2011



Sophia x

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you like it! There are some fun twists and influences to fashion (:
      x

      Delete
  2. Exotic! Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baboo gucci!!! thanks for your visit on my blog and for your sweet comment, also I like your blog, Now I am happy to be your follower , I hope you will want to follow me on google friends connect and also on facebook
    Keep in touch with fashion have a good day... keep in touch ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I would love to follow your blog (:

      Delete
  4. Happy Chinese New Year! I love this post, it combines both culture and fashion beautifully. That Bamboo purse is gorgeous.
    Thank you for following! I have followed, too.

    xoxo
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your blog is lovely! I am really glad that you appreciate the mixture of culture and fashion. It really is so beautiful! Thanks so much x

      Delete
  5. great images, beautiful .Thanks for visit my blog, of course following you back.

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The images are amazing on your blog! Glad you like my blog x

      Delete
  6. thanks for the asian fashion inspiration! :)

    Joelyne
    The Sydney Girl
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really made my day that I inspired someone!! x

      Delete
  7. Gucci also chose to use bamboo because of the metal shortage during the war.
    Love the post!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanks a lot for your visit on my blog and for your comment. :*
    I really like your blog! Now I'll follow you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog and following me! I really appreciate it x

      Delete
  9. thanks so much for stopping by my blog. i am in your followers' list too :)

    http://alexandriajz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your blog was really inspiring x

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! It makes my day (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...